First things first: Here is the rules pack.
My List: Chris's List
Adeptis Rahn: +6 points Goreshade the Bastard +6 points
Chimera -6 points Seether -9 points
Phoenix -10 points Nightwretch -4 points
Total: 10 points Nightwretch -4 points
Total: 11 points
VS 
Game 1
Deployment is fairly straightforward.
After turn one we have both moved up. I put polarity shield on the phoenix and he gives his battlegroup stealth and dark shroud for the turn.
I move in for the opening salvo, but I make a silly mistake. Apparently you need to be within 5" for stealth not to matter. I though it was six, so my force hammer missed the Nsightwretch.
Chris moves his jacks a bit and takes some ineffectual shots at mine with his lights. I see that I have an opportunity to take out his Seether and tie up the rest of his jacks for a while.
My charge on the Seether doesn't do to much damage, but it does light it on fire. I also can't really hurt his DEF 15 lights with my Chimera.
It's a trap! Chris moves his lights out , taking free strikes to get pot shots on Rahn. I cripple one's head with a free strike and miss the other, and they do no damage to the magic man. Then he moves up and sicks his Bane Thralls on me. I am getting hopeful as only one of the first four hit, but then the last man comes through and finishes the game.
Game one goes to Cryx!
Game 2
In this game we used the same lists and terrain. I also was told to go first again. I figured I would try and to more of an attrition style game instead of getting 'all up in his grill' so quickly.
Deployment was the same as last time
Once again we both moved up and activated defensive spells on turn 1.
On turn two I decided to do some exciting things. My Phoenix wrecked the chicken-jack on the right. My Chimera flew 14" forward to arc a force hammer into Goreshade, but I rolled too low for damage and only slammed him 2"
Chris retaliated by showing why Goreshade is a great caster at low point games. His Seether was able to wreck my Chimera with minimal focus help, and a combination of Hex Blast and Bane Thralls made short work of my Phoenix.
When things look grim it is time to pull out the feat! Rahn advanced into melee range of all the Bane Thralls and proceeded to kill all but one with his boosted Chain Blasts. He then finished the last one off with a tap from his walking stick.
Chris is forced to run the Seether up to engage Rahn, and his Nightwretch can't hit me due to a combined defence of 22 thanks to being on a wreck marker and having my battlemage force field. Goreshade camps focus.
In a desperate act of defiance I force hammer the Seether away and kill the Nightwalker with Chain Blast. I saw that Chris was down to three minutes on the clock, so I figured I would just stand safely in cover and shoot magic at him until I got an opportunity.
Alas, it wasn't enough. The Seether managed to hit with two of his five attacks and kill Rahn for the win.
Game two goes to Cryx!
In these games I learned that the 15 minute deathclock timer really wasn't that big of a restriction. With only three models to activate I wasn't feeling that much pressure. I am also getting better at the little rules, like remembering stealth is 5" and memorizing the stats of my models and those on the other side of the table.
This seems like a tough matchup for me, as Goreshade can hex blast away my defences and use stealth to stop me from getting the early damage with spells and the Phoenix's shooting. The threat range on the Bane Thralls is also something I have to be constantly aware of. That being said, I think I could find a way to beat this list. I just need to find the right approach.
Thoughts and tips are appreciated.














No comments:
Post a Comment